Acceptance of these Terms & Conditions
By completing your order on our website, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Ordering a Standard Package
All standard packages must be ordered and paid for directly on our website.
- You agree that you have read and understood what features are included with the standard package you are ordering. We offer standard portfolio websites and standard eCommerce website packages for sale on our website. For custom requirements you must request a custom quotation. You may view our service definitions here.
- You understand that we accept only recurring card payments through PayFast. Payment needs to be completed before we start on a project. We do not issue any refunds on monthly website design packages, but you’ll be able to keep any domain name we register on your behalf.
The Design Phase
During the design phase of your website, we will provide you with plenty of opportunities to review our work.
- You agree that you are responsible for all content and information that is to be placed on your website. We will implement your content during the design stage, and you will be responsible for adding of additional content after. Content must be provided according to our Content Requirement Guide.
- Most of the communication will be conducted via email. We do not accept content over WhatsApp. You may use WeTransfer to send larger files to us.
- You agree that you will send all content, information, and photographs/artwork to us in the manner that we ask you to – organized and labelled. No project will start unless all content is provided.
- You understand that all standard websites need to be completed within seven business days. Websites that require more time will incur additional costs.
- We reserve the right to cancel your project if you do not work according to our terms and conditions.
Website Hosting & Management
Our standard monthly website design packages come with Website Hosting & Management included.
- You understand that our website hosting package is suitable for the majority of small to medium-sized businesses. Websites that become particularly resource-intensive may require upgraded hosting. We will always be happy to assist you with this at a fair price.
- Our hosting and maintenance package comes with a single, dedicated email account. Additional email accounts are available at a small monthly fee and must be ordered as an add-on.
- You understand that our management package includes software and security updates, but not service requests. If you need us to log in to your website to make changes, you must book a service request.
- You may log in to your website at any time to make changes to, or add, content.
When we are tasked with a service request on your website, we will add the cost of that service request onto your next invoice. Our minimum threshold for a service request is one hour, and our standard hourly rate is R350.
Our business hours are Mondays – Fridays, from 09:00 until 16:00. We are closed on all public holidays. Outside business hours you will be billed at twice our normal hourly rate for service requests.
Website & Domain Name Ownership
You understand and agree to the following:
- We register your domain name under your name, and it belongs to you. You may transfer your domain name away from us at any time. If you decide to transfer your domain name away from us, it is your responsibility to approve the transfer yourself. We will not accept transfers on your behalf.
- Websites on our monthly packages will remain our property until such a time as you have completed twenty-four monthly payments. If you’d like to cancel early and take your website with you, we’ll quote you a fair price (number of months remaining x (monthly fee – monthly hosting fee).
We accept only recurring payments through Payfast. We do not store any card information. Invoices will be created and sent out 14 days before they are due. A single reminder will be sent out 7 days before the due date. Your card will be charged automatically on the due date every month.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate accounts that are overdue. We will accept no liability for data loss in such an event. We also reserve the right to charge penalty fees on accounts that are overdue.
We will allow you access to your website control panel as an editor/shop manager. This allows you to make changes, but it does not allow you to install software or to perform any advanced setup changes to your website. We host all websites on our own custom-designed cloud servers, so no server access will be given whatsoever (this is non-negotiable).
Intellectual Property Rights
You guarantee that all elements of text, images, or other artwork you provide are either owned by yourself or that you got appropriate permission to use them. When you provide text, images, or other artwork to us, you agree to protect us from any claim by a third party that we’re using their intellectual property.
Browser testing no longer means attempting to make a website look the same in browsers of different capabilities or on devices with different size screens. It does mean ensuring that a person’s experience of a design should be appropriate to the capabilities of a browser or device. We test our work in current versions of major desktop browsers including those made by Apple (Safari), Google (Chrome), Microsoft (Edge), Mozilla Firefox, and Opera. We’ll also test to ensure that people who use Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 for Windows get an appropriate experience. We won’t test in other older browsers unless we agreed separately. If you need an enhanced design for an older browser, we can provide a separate estimate for that.
Mobile Browser Testing
Testing using popular smaller screen devices is essential in ensuring that a person’s experience of a design is appropriate to the capabilities of the device they’re using. We test our designs in iOS 9: Safari, Google Chrome Android: Google Chrome on Android Emulator We won’t test in Blackberry, Opera Mini/Mobile, specific Android devices, Windows, or other mobile browsers unless we agreed separately. If you need us to test using these, we can provide a separate estimate for that
All Rights Reserved
We reserve the right to refuse service to any person or organization at our sole discretion. If we don’t like you, we won’t work with you. If we are unsure about the legitimacy or integrity of your business, we won’t work with you.
You may cancel your monthly package at any time. We require 30 days’ notice. Failure to pay is not an acceptable form of cancellation.
We will not host or work with illegal content. If you engage in any illegal activities, we will suspend your service immediately.
We will not host or work with websites that treat customers unfairly.
In a Nutshell
Our mission is 100% client satisfaction. We will always do our best to fulfill your needs and meet your expectations, but it’s important that things are written down so that both parties know what’s what, who should do what, and when, and what will happen if something goes wrong. Our contract is simple and in plain readable text. We’ve no desire to trick you into agreeing to something that you might later regret. What we do want is what’s best for both parties, now and in the future. So in short:
You (the client), are hiring Dasher Website Design (PTY) Ltd (“We or Us”) to:
- Design and develop a website.
- Host and maintain the website.
- Perform additional add-on services (if applicable).
We’ll carry out our work in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard expected from a suitably qualified person with relevant experience. That said, we can’t guarantee that our work will be error-free and so we can’t be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, or other incidental, consequential or special damages, even if you’ve advised us of them.
Your liability to us will also be limited to the number of fees payable under this contract and you won’t be liable to us or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, or other incidental, consequential or special damages, even if we’ve advised you of them.
We have the experience and ability to do everything we’ve agreed with you and we’ll do it all in a professional and timely manner. We’ll always do our best to meet every deadline that’s set and on top of that, we’ll maintain the confidentiality of everything you provide us with.
- You understand what features are included with a standard portfolio website, and what features are included with a standard eCommerce website.
- You understand what is included with any add-on services you are ordering.
- You understand that both standard portfolio websites and standard eCommerce websites must be completed within 7 business days.
- You understand that our monthly website hosting & management does not include service requests. We will keep your website in top-notch condition, but you will be responsible for content updates yourself. Service requests will be billed at our standard hourly rates.
- You understand that our hosting & management package comes with a single email account. You can purchase additional email accounts at a small monthly fee.
- You understand that you are solely responsible for the content that is placed on your website. You will send such content to us, meticulously organized, as explained in our Content Requirement Guide.
- You understand that we will only begin working on your website once we have received ALL your content. Once we present you with a draft, you will have 5 revision rounds.
- You understand that you will have editor access to your website. This access will allow you to make content changes yourself. You will not receive administrator access.
- You understand that ownership of your website will remain with Dasher Website Design until you have completed twenty-four monthly payments.
- You understand that your domain name will always belong to you. You may transfer your domain away from us at any time. You will be responsible for approving your own domain transfer.
- You understand that we accept only recurring card payments via Payfast. Your card will be charged automatically on every due date. We do not store any credit/debit card information. All credit/debit card payments are processed using Payfast. If you’ve purchased products on large online stores like Takealot, there’s a good chance that you’ve already got an account with Payfast. Click here to read about the measures taken by PayFast to ensure your safety and security.
- You understand that we have a zero-tolerance policy towards invoices that are not paid on time.
- You understand that we have the right to refuse service to any person or enterprise at our sole discretion.